Winter Distance Camp
“Everyone trains in the summer. Champions train all year long!”
Big River’s Winter Distance Camp for 6th – 12th graders is a great way to get a jump start on the upcoming track season or to build a base for winter training. Join us for a fun four days of training, the opportunity to meet other runners, the chance learn from some of the best runners in the St. Louis area and, of course, to have a lot of fun! Runners will end camp feeling motivated and excited to reach their goals for the upcoming season.
2017 Winter Distance Camp
Wednesday, December 27 – Saturday, December 30, 2017
9:00am – 1:00pm *Friday ends at noon
Kirkwood Community Center & Park (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday)
Runners of all abilities in grades 6 – 12 who are interested in distance running. Everyone from beginning runners to those striving to be state champions can gain something from Big River’s camp. Runners from more than 80 schools in the St. Louis region have attended camp.
Training Runs & Workouts
Games & Bonding Activities
College Athlete Panel Discussion
Big River Indoor Track Meet/Waffle Brunch – On the final day of camp, we put on a mock track meet followed by our famous all-you-can-eat waffle brunch. The race is a fun way to learn about the competition aspect of running while giving campers the opportunity to earn braggin’ rights!
Camp Fees & Team Discount
- The cost of the camp is $100 per athlete.
- Teams of five or more pay $75 per athlete.
- Teams with 5 or more participants pay $100 per camper. Teammates can register separately online or via paper form, however, if you don’t end up with 5 team members we will assess a $25 fee per camper.
- Campers who can’t attend all four days of camp may register online or via paper form for a reduced fee.
Your Camp Fee Includes
- One-on-one instruction by experienced camp staff
- Official Winter Distance Camp hooded sweatshirt
- Daily post-run lunch
- Training information
- Big River Indoor Track Meet & Brunch
Online registration will open soon.
The paper form may be used to register on-site on the first day of camp. Please bring the completed form and a check on the first day.
*Complete camp information including directions and details will be emailed to participants a few days prior to the beginning of camp.