Welcome to the Fall 2014 Big River Training Team!
Helping runners and walkers prepare for fall half and full marathons!
Big River Running Company is proud to host a fun, friendly and first class training program for runners and walkers of all ability levels to prepare for fall half and full marathons.
This group is designed to help you on your personal fitness journey by providing you with coaches and teammates who share similar goals and can turn the tough grind of training into a fun and social experience.
Training Team Details:
- The 12 week Training Team is FREE, but a Paid Personal Coaching option is available for those looking for a more individualized plan and more personal attention.
- Sign up here!
- Kickoff Meetings
- Hundreds of participants means there are paces and running partners for all ability levels
- Weekly long runs on Sunday mornings at 7 a.m. (click HERE for the schedule of locations)
- Group runs on Monday evenings at 6 p.m. from all Big River Running stores
- Recommended Wednesday workouts
- Experienced coaches and pacers to guide you
- Weekly team emails to keep you informed
- Incentives for attending Sunday runs! Big River will be using Belly to track attendance each Sunday. Every time you check in at a Sunday run, you earn points towards some awesome prizes!
New for Fall 2014:
- Focus on half and full marathon distances. If you are interested in training for a 10k, we highly recommend Big River's START 6.2 program which begins in August. Details here.
- Special clinic for those who are first-time half or full marathon runners. If you are new to the half or full marathon distance, we highly recommend signing up for our Intro to Half & Full Marathon clinics on July 9 or July 12 so you can start your training off on the right foot! Details here.
- Free Open Injury Forums to help keep you healthy and running during your training segment. Twice during the season, medical and training professionals will answer questions and provide guidance for aches and pains Training Team members may be experiencing.
- In-depth Big River Running clinic schedule throughout the Training Team season that focuses on topics to help you successfully train and run a half or full marathon. Clinic topics will include Good Form Running, Foam Rolling, Training Nutrition, General Diet for Runners, Essentials of Strengthening, Race Ready and More! You will be able to register for these clinics individually based on your experience, interests and availablity. We will no longer do pre-run clinics on Sunday mornings. Details here.
- Training Team Sign-up Opens - June 10
- Kickoff Meetings - July 7, July 8 and July 10
- First Sunday Training Team Run - July 13
- Training Team Registration Closes - September 1
- MO Cowbell Marathon, Half Marathon - October 5
- The Great GO! St. Louis Halloween Half Marathon - October 12
Official Training Team Tech Tee!
Check out the awesome official Training Team tech tee for the Fall 2014 Training Team. They are only available to purchase when you sign-up for the Training Team and the deadline to order is July 27. The shirts will be available in late August/early September.
Want more info? Attend a kickoff meeting!
We encourage all participants who are planning to participate or are interested in participating in the Fall Training Team to join us at one of our three kick off meetings. This is your chance to learn more about the training program and ask questions! Plus you'll get to meet some of the coaches, pacers and other Training Team participants.
Meeting Times & Locations
Monday, July 7 at 7 pm
Big River University City - 606 North & South Road, University City, MO 63130
Tuesday, July 8 at 7 pm
Big River O'Fallon - 2548 Hwy K, O'Fallon, MO 63368
Thursday, July 10 at 7 pm
Big River West County - 14047 Manchester Road, Manchester, MO 63011
If you have any questions about Big River's Training Team, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall 2014 Training Team Sponsors: