Welcome to the Spring 2014 Big River Training Team!
Helping runners and walkers prepare for the 2014 Spring running and walking season.
Big River Running Company is proud to host a fun, friendly and first class training program for runners and walkers of all ability levels to prepare for the 2014 spring racing season.
This group is designed to help you on your personal fitness journey by providing you with coaches and teammates who share similar goals and can turn the tough grind of training into a fun and social experience.
- The 12 week Training Team is FREE, but a Paid Personal Coaching option is available for those looking for a more individualized plan and more personal attention.
- Kickoff Meetings
- Hundreds of participants means there are paces and running partners for all ability levels, including run/walk progression and walkers
- Beginner Friendly
- Weekly long runs on Sunday mornings
- Group runs on Monday evenings
- Recommended Wednesday workouts
- Pre-run educational clinics each Sunday
- Experienced coaches and pacers to guide you
- Weekly team emails to keep you informed
- Incentives for attending Sunday runs! Big River will be using Belly to track attendance each Sunday. Every time you check in at a Sunday run, you earn points towards some awesome prizes!
- *Note – we won’t be doing free shirts this year because of the Belly prizes, but will have a technical shirt option available to purchase during registration.
- Training Team Sign-up Opens – Early December
- Kickoff Meetings – January 2, 6, 7 & 9
- First Sunday Training Team Run – January 12
- Training Team Sign-up Closes – March 1
- GO! St. Louis Half and Full Marathon – April 6
Registration is currently closed for the Spring 2014 Big River Training Team. Join us starting in July for our Fall 2014 Training Team.
Official Training Team Tech Tee!
Check out the awesome official training team tech tee for the Spring 2014 Training Team. The deadline to order has now passed. The shirts will be available in mid-February at the Sundaylong runs (except men’s size large, which will be available in late March).
Note: We won't be giving away cotton t-shirts for those people who attend Sunday long runs this time. Instead you'll earn points each time you attend a long run when you check in with our new Belly system that you can redeem for sweet Big River prizes!
Want more info?: Click the links in the menu box on the left of the page and/or attend one of our kickoff meetings in January.
Spring 2014 Training Team Sponsors Include: