When you shop at Big River, you make a difference in the community. Big River supports St. Louis charities by donating 10% of sales of all Big River branded apparel and accessories through our Big River Gives Back program. We are excited to announce that our charity partner for the second half of 2018 is The Fit & Food Connection which empowers people in need through fitness and nutrition. Their mission to help our community get healthy is inline with our passion at Big River, and we’re sure you’ll be inspired by this great organization in North St. Louis.
Here are some of the amazing ways The Fit & Food Connection (FAFC) is making a difference:
- Leads free fitness classes to low income individuals
- Hosts group nutrition seminars on topics including mindful eating, grocery shopping education, food preparation and cooking demonstrations
- Manages a community garden to grow and harvest fruits, vegetables and herbs
- Engages one-on-one with people who can benefit from personal training sessions and individualized nutrition guidance
- Runs a food assistance program providing healthy food delivery to those in need
Guess what? These are all FREE services! We are really inspired by the holistic approach FAFC is taking. They aren’t providing a bandaid to fix problems in the short term, but giving people the tools to get healthy and change their lives forever.
We look forward to partnering with The Fit & Food Connection for the next six months and sharing more about this great organization with you!
Don’t forget! You can shop for Big River apparel in-store or online to support Big River Gives Back and our charity partners.