We know Big River Nation is a caring and generous group! This November, we are holding a food drive at all three of our stores benefiting our Big River Gives Back charity partner – The Fit & Food Connection. This isn’t your average food drive. FAFC empowers people in need through fitness and nutrition. We love their holistic approach. They aren’t providing a bandaid to fix problems in the short term, but giving people the tools to get healthy and change their lives forever.
FAFC has a food assistance program that provides healthy food delivery to those in need. Will you help us gather healthy food for families in need for the Thanksgiving holiday?
Please bring in the following items to any Big River Running location Nov. 1 – 19. Thank you, Big River Nation!
- Canned fish, such as salmon, tuna and sardines (preferably in water, not oil)
- Canned meats, such as chicken and turkey
- Steel-cut oats
- Whole grain breakfast cereals (with at least 3 grams of fiber per serving and less than 9 grams of sugar per serving. Examples include Cheerios and Kix)
- Whole grain pastas, such as whole wheat, brown rice flour or quinoa
- Canned fruits in natural juice or water with no added sugar
- Canned vegetables, low salt or no added salt
- Spaghetti sauce
- Canned or boxed low-sodium soups and stews (preferably with vegetables)
- Dried or canned legumes, such as peas, lentils and beans
- Pureed foods, such as sweet potato, pumpkin and applesauce (with no added sugar)
- Low-fat dry or shelf-stable milk (regular or non-dairy alternatives such as unsweetened almond milk, soy or coconut milk)
- Nut butters, including peanut and almond with no added sugar
- Coconut oil or olive oil for cooking
- Oil based salad dressings such as oil and vinegar and balsamic vinaigrette
- Protein bars (with at least 3 grams of fiber and 5 grams of protein. Under 200 calories. Examples include Lara Bar and Think Thin)
- Fruit snacks or fruit leather with no sugar added
- Beef jerky
- Unsalted nuts
- Baked chips
- Whole wheat or whole grain crackers