Cross Country Camp
“Humidity… the altitude of the Midwest!”
Big River Running’s Cross Country Camp for 6th – 12th graders is a great way to get a jump start on the cross country season. Bring yourself or your whole team for a great week of training, the opportunity to meet other runners, the chance learn from some of the best runners in the St. Louis area and, of course, to have a lot of fun! Campers will end the week feeling motivated and excited to reach their goals for the upcoming season.
2021 Cross Country Camp
Monday, July 26 – Friday, July 30, 2021
Monday – Thursday
8 am – 11 am
Christ Prince of Peace (417 Weidman Rd, Ballwin, MO 63011) with running/workouts in Queeny Park
8 am – 10 am
Schroeder Park (359 Old Meramec Station Road, Manchester, MO 63021)
XC Race at 9 am
Runners of all abilities in grades 6 – 12 who are interested in distance running. Everyone from beginning runners to those striving to be state champions can gain something from Big River Cross Country Camp. Runners from more than 80 schools in the St. Louis region have attended camp.
Training Runs & Workouts
Games & Bonding Activities
Big River XC Challenge – The final day of camp will feature a fun cross country race. Campers will be divided into teams and the event will be scored just like in a real cross country race.
Health & Safety Notes:
– We will be spending the majority of our time outdoors.
– It is a priority for us to maintain social distance between campers and counselors both indoors and out.
– Masks will be required while indoors. Masks will also be required outdoors when not actively running and distancing is not possible.
– Personal hygiene will be stressed and facilitated.
– Parents will be asked to screen their children for symptoms prior to attending camp each day. We will be screening counselors daily.
– If a camper or family member has been exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19 or tested positive themselves in the 14 days leading up to camp they will forfeit their right to attend camp and we will offer a full refund.
– Our activities will be modified to ensure social distancing is able to happen as much as possible.
– We will not be serving lunch.
- $100 per athlete for 5 days
- Campers who can’t attend every day of camp may register online for a reduced fee.
- For sibling discount, choose multi-person pricing when registering.
Your Camp Fee Includes
- One-on-one instruction by experienced camp staff
- Official camp shorts
- Training information
- Big River XC Challenge
Online registration will close Friday, July 23 at noon. Please register before this time so we can properly plan.
*Complete camp information including directions and details will be emailed to participants a few days prior to the beginning of camp.