Big River offers a FREE, fun, friendly and first-class training program for runners and walkers of all ability levels to prepare for half and full marathons. This group is designed to help you on your personal fitness journey by providing you with pacers and running buddies who share similar goals, turning the tough grind of training into a fun, social experience. Offered twice a year, the Spring program runs from January to April and the Fall program runs from July to October.
Our Fall season runs July 11 – October 24.
Training Team Details
- 12-week training program
- Participate for free or purchase a budget-friendly personalized training plan written just for you
- Experienced coaches and group pace leaders to share motivation and advice
- Beginner friendly
- Weekly long runs on Sunday mornings at 7 am at locations throughout the St. Louis area
- Suggested Sunday long run mileage schedule
- Group runs on Monday evenings at 5:45 pm from Big River Running stores (South City & U City)
- Weekly team emails to keep you informed
- Age requirements – due to the nature of long runs, for safety reasons we can’t accommodate unaccompanied minors. Those under 18 must be accompanied by (running with) their guardian for the duration of any training run.
- We will follow CDC Guidelines as it relates to masking and outdoor activities. If you are fully vaccinated you do not need to wear a mask. Although it’s fine with us if you want to! If you are not fully vaccinated, please wear a mask and social distance while gathering and waiting to run. Masks may be removed when running.
Invest In Your Training
INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING PLANS AVAILABLE
Having a training plan can help you stay injury free, improve your fitness and greatly increase the chances of achieving your goals! You now can have a training plan designed specifically for YOU! You deserve more than a generic training plan to help you achieve your goals!
It is WORTH THE INVESTMENT! Our plans are some of the most affordable you can find with a great success rate for goal achievement.
Each training plan comes with specific pace recommendations, daily mileage assignments and can be personalized for your life schedule and goal race. Additionally, for those that sign up, you will be able to contact a coach directly via email, text or phone.
Did you know? You never get the same plan twice. We always progress each individual’s plan every time they sign up, meaning it gets more challenging to better help you meet your goals.
The deadline to purchase a Training Plan is August 1.
The deadline to purchase a plan is August 1.
Note: If you would like more structure/advice than suggested Sunday mileage, we recommend you sign up for a plan! An individualized plan is the best way to help you achieve your goals. Plans at this price structure are designed to be 12-week plans for goal races in October (or close to that timeframe). For a different time frame or longer plan, please refer to Big River Personal Coaching.
Official Training Team Merchandise
Commemorate this season of Training Team with a navy short sleeve or sleeveless Brooks podium tech shirt.
Sleeveless shirts are women’s specific sizing. Short sleeve shirts are men’s specific sizing. Both run true to size. Order during registration and when the shirts come in we will have them available at Sunday runs or can coordinate store pick-up. Deadline to order a shirt is August 1.
We meet every Sunday morning at 7 a.m. from July 11 through September 26. As we get into October races, Sunday runs will be less formal.
Our full schedule of meeting locations for our Sunday runs will be shared in the Welcome email with registered participants only.