Big River offers a FREE, fun, friendly and first-class training program for runners and walkers of all ability levels to prepare for half and full marathons. This group is designed to help you on your personal fitness journey by providing you with pacers and hundreds of running buddies who share similar goals, turning the tough grind of training into a fun, social experience. Offered twice a year, the Spring program runs from January to April and the Fall program runs from July to October.
FALL 2020 SEASON UPDATE
The Fall 2020 Training Team season will be held virtually due to restrictions on large group gathering sizes in St. Louis City & County and in the best interests of our participants’ and volunteer pace coaches’ health and safety in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic. While it is possible that later in the season we may be able to host a few group runs, we’re planning for virtual at this point. We hope you sign up to receive weekly emails with long run mileage suggestions, encouragement and a virtual community to keep you motivated. Let’s keep running!
Training Team Details
- 12-week VIRTUAL training program
- A variety of ways to participate based on your desired level of commitment and training goals
- Experienced coaches and group pace leaders to share motivation and advice virtually
- When we meet in-person, there are typically hundreds of participants meaning there are paces and running partners for all ability levels (including walk and run/walk)
- Beginner friendly
- (ON HOLD) Weekly long runs on Sunday mornings at 7 am
- (ON HOLD) Group runs on Monday evenings at 6 pm from Big River Running stores (South City & U City)
- Weekly team emails to keep you informed
- Age requirements – due to the nature of long runs, for safety reasons we can’t accommodate unaccompanied minors. Those under 18 must be accompanied by (running with) their guardian for the duration of any training run.
Training Team Options
Having a training plan can help you stay injury free, improve your fitness and greatly increase the chances of achieving your goals! You now can have a training plan designed specifically for YOU! You deserve more than a generic training plan to help you achieve your goals!
It is WORTH THE INVESTMENT! Our plans are some of the most affordable you can find with a great success rate for goal achievement.
Each training plan comes with specific pace recommendations, daily mileage assignments and can be personalized for your life schedule and goal race. Additionally, for those that sign up, you will be able to contact a coach directly via email, text or phone.
Did you know? You never get the same plan twice. We always progress each individual’s plan every time they sign up, meaning it gets more challenging to better help you meet your goals.
The deadline to purchase a Training Plan is August 7.
The deadline to purchase a plan is August 7.
Note: If you would like more structure/advice than suggested Sunday mileage, we recommend you sign up for a plan! An individualized plan is the best way to help you achieve your goals. Plans at this price structure are designed to be 12-week plans for goal races in October (or close to that timeframe). For a different time frame or longer plan, please refer to Big River Personal Coaching.
Official Training Team Merchandise
Commemorate our pandemic version of Training Team with a super soft, tri blend shirt or tank top (Next Level brand). No matter what’s happening in the world … Let There Be Run.
Tank tops are women specific and run true to size. Short sleeve shirts are men’s cut. Order during registration and we’ll coordinate store pick-up or shipping when shirts come in. Deadline to order a shirt is July 31.
Since we are not meeting in person this season, we’re simply posting the suggested long run mileage each week.