An experienced coach can help you to avoid injury, set appropriate goals, prepare for race day, set PR’s, and develop a lifelong love for the sport of running. Training programs and support designed for YOUR personal fitness level, goals and life circumstances can optimize your performance, simultaneously minimize injury risk, influence your success, and help you reach your potential!
Meet the Coaches
Personal Coaching Services
Is it for me?
Big River Personal Coaching might be right for you if…
- You are interested in getting active and starting to run, but don’t know how to begin.
- You are considering running a 5k for the first time.
- You want to an individualized training plan for a specific race (1mi, 5k, 10k, half marathon, full marathon or even an ultra marathon).
- You are considering increasing your race distance from a 5k to 10k, half to full marathon and would like guidance on how to do so successfully.
- You want to improve your race performances, perhaps with the goal of a personal record in mind or even qualifying for the Boston Marathon.
- You love Big River’s Summer Speedwork and want guidance on how to incorporate speedwork into your training
routine year round.
- You enjoyed participating in Big River’s START or START 6.2 programs or with Training Team and want to continue running with that type of support and motivation.
- You are training to pass a fitness test for work or your job.
- You are looking for motivation to keep you on a steady exercise and running regimen.
- “Training with Big River Personal Coaching is a lot of fun and makes the most of your time. Whether I’m doing speedwork on the track or strength training, I feel like I always have a great workout! I think the biggest misconception about working out and seeing results is thinking you have to spend hours everyday in the gym. I brought specific physical training goals with me to my first workout, and after a month and a half, I could already see major improvements in my strength, stride, and overall energy level. Great to work with someone who clearly understands exercise science and knows just how to get the desired results!”
- “I improved my marathon time from 2015 by almost 29 minutes. I commend the staff of Big River Running and their personal coaches for their professionalism and expertise. I recommend them for anyone who wants to improve their running abilities.”
- “Personal coaching at Big River Running provided me with pointers to help improve my running technique and increase my speed. Even after I reached my initial goals, I continued to meet with my coach because of the motivation and accountability my trainer provides. On my own, I can easily talk myself out of running that extra lap or exerting myself to push my limits, but my coach motivates me to exceed the limits of my comfort zone.”